Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
This is the chicken soup ruler of the world!
Can be used for medicinal purposes, as it always makes you feel like your warm and cosy!
Take my vegetable selection suggestions liberally, use whatever fresh vegetables are on hand and seasonal.
Always use fresh chicken when possible, as some of the nutritional value may be lost when using frozen produce. Freeze the finished soup in portions for a quick and delicious lunch or for a quick cure for family members that need a little love.
For 5 Person(s)
- 1.5 kilo(s) Fresh Whole Free Range Chicken
- 2 Chopped White Onions
- 0.5 Celery Bunch (leaves too)
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chopped Carrots
- 1 Chopped Turnip
- 1 Chopped Suede
- 1 Hand full Fresh Parsely
- 2 Fresh Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Fresh Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon(s) Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 cup(s) Pasta noodles
- 0.5 cup(s) Freshly grated parmesan to garnish
Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup Directions
- Method Chicken Stock:
- Place all ingredients into a large stockpot.
- Add enough water to just cover chook approx. 4 cups.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down heat and simmer for at least 3 hours.
- Let cool, put in fridge until fat forms on top.
- Scrape fat off the top of the soup and discard.
- Soup should be in jelly form, if it’s not you added too much water, best to simmer to reduce till you have a well developed flavour.
- You now have a awesome wholesome chicken stock!
- Warm stock a little on the stovetop until its back to a liquid form & strain through a sieve.
- Push as much of the vegetable matter through the sieve. This does not have to be painstaking, just try and grab some of the goodness!
- Take the best of the chicken’s white meat, chop up and put back in soup.
- Discard rest of ingredients to chooks, cats or dogs! My dogs always win!
- Bring soup to the boil, put in noodles and stir a couple of times so they cook evenly & don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Taste and season to your desired taste.
- I mostly have to add a bit more salt!