Beef Breaky Roll
Inspired by the amazing smoky American style BBQ flavours. This Breakfast Roll will have your friends and family lined up at the door all day.
This breakfast roll plays on the traditional Aussie Breakfast Roll with bacon, eggs and slaw and incorporates American style BBQ flavours.
When in season grab a bottle of my Bull In A Bottle BBQ Sauce made from local Birregurra Red Plums and get ready for a taste sensation.
Use the braised topside as a base for other dishes, such as Beef & Salad, wraps or even in a Taco. Remember, just cause its a Breaky Roll does not mean you can't enjoy it ALL day.
For 4 Person(s)
- 750 g Whole Topside
- 1 litre Beef Stock
- 200 ml BBQ Sauce
- 500 ml Orange Juice
- 3 cloves Garlic crushed
- 30 ml Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Smoky Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 2 Peaches
- 0.5 Red Cabbage
- 0.5 bunch Parsley leaves
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 100 g Plain Yoghurt
- 30 g Chipotle Sauce
Beef Breaky Roll Directions
- Heat chargrill or place fry pan on heat and add a splash of oil. Season Topside with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Once pan or grill is hot caramelise beef in pan. This will form a nice crust on your beef.
- Transfer Beef to a roasting pan and add Beef stock, BBQ Sauce, Orange Juice, Crushed Garlic and Salt & Pepper ensuring beef is semi submerged.
- Place Baking Paper then aluminum foil over the beef and slowly cook in an oven at 140°C for four hours.
- Remove Beef rest then pull and transfer to a saucepan.
- Pour the braising stock to cover just enough that the beef glistens.
- To make the peach slaw, thinly slice the peaches, red cabbage and Spanish onion and pick the leaves from the continental parsley. Mix chipotle and yoghurt together then lightly toss through dry slaw. Reserve some of the yoghurt chipotle to drizzle on egg.
- Toast the brioche bun and fry four eggs sunny side up.
- To serve, assemble on the base of the bun the pulled bolar blade then the fried egg, followed by the peach slaw and cover with the top of the brioche bun. Add a big dolop of my "Bull In A Bottle BBQ Sauce" made with local seasonal red plums and serrve immediately