Pork Steaks with Homemade Chips & Mushrooms
Golden chips are a perfect partner for pork. As much as my family enjoy an amazing locally grass fed beef steak, a change is always welcome.
Lean pork provides an amazing quick, healthy and delicious substitute for beef and lamb.
Using our locally farmed potato's available online and instore during the season, you'll be cheering with this local seasonal, yummy recipe which is a collaboration with Australian Pork to promote local pork farmers in our area.
I've thrown a little port into the recipe to warm us up as Autumn leads into winter.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 kg Pork Steaks
- 400 g portabello mushrooms
- 100 g butter
- 0.5 cup vegetable stock
- 0.5 cup port wine
- 1 tbs corn flour
- 0.25 cup thickened cream
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- 1 kg peeled potato
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbs sea salt
Pork Steaks with Homemade Chips & Mushrooms Directions
- Heat oven to 1800
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to the boil.
- Peel and chop potato into chips and par boil for 8 minutes.
- Drain potato and put into an oven proof dish, then chill.
- Once chilled, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh rosemary, then cover in olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once you turn the pork steaks, heat butter in a frying pan and saute mushrooms till soft for about 4 minutes. Add stock and port then reduce for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk cornflour and cream, add chives then add to the port sauce. Heat till thickened.
- Serve pork steaks topped with your wonderful sauce and partner with your wonderful golden crispy homemade chips.