Pork Belly Roast
Pork Belly is a popular favourite with family, friends & customers.
My Pork Belly Roast infused with local granny smith apples and fresh rosemary from my kitchen garden is a winner!
So simple, it will become a family favourite in your home!
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 kg Pork Belly (Scored)
- 2 Green Apples
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 g crushed garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Sea Salt
- 0.5 cup Vegetable Stock
Pork Belly Roast Directions
- Heat oven to 2000C
- Select a non-stick baking dish.
- Slice the apples approximately 1cm thick and lay in the dish.
- Sprinkle the rosemary sprigs onto the apple.
- Pour stock over apples.
- Rub the underside of the pork belly with crushed garlic, sea salt and oil.
- Lay the pork belly meaty side down on the apples. Don't let the stock be any further than 1/2 way up the pork belly or touch the rind or you may have issues with your crackle.
- Make a paste of 1tablespoon of oil and a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of plain flour.
- Rub paste into the scored rind of the pork belly.
- Cook the pork for 15 minutes to achieve a good crackle.
- Reduce Heat to 1800C and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with cooked apples and pan juices.
Select only local fresh Aussie Pork Belly to make sure your family are eating the finest quality.
Tip: Do not let the stock near the rind, use less! You only want the pork belly to be half submerged in the stock.
When you purchase your Aussie farmed pork belly from MidWest Meats, the rind is scored by our professional butchers and it's ready for roasting!