Spicy Spring BBQ Chops
Waiting time 5m
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 kg BBQ Lamb Chops trimmed
- 80 mls Australian Extra Virgin Oil
- 4 cm Piece of ginger grated
- 2 tablespoons Chill Jam
- 1 tablespoon Screaming Seeds Kashmiri Krush
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon ground
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg ground
- 0.5 cup Coriander fresh/chopped
- 2 zucchini quartered
- 0.5 cup Natural Yoghurt
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Baby Rocket
Spicy Spring BBQ Chops Directions
- Preheat BBQ or char grill pan to high.
- Place two tablespoons of oil, ginger, jam, spices and coriander in a medium bowl; season to taste and whisk with a fork to combine. Take 1 tablespoon of the marinade and place in a separate small bowl. Set aside.
- Add your lamb chops to the medium sized bowl and toss well to coat. This can be done earlier in the day or prior to cooking. The longer the meat marinades the taster it will be!
- Add 1 tablespoon of tepid water and remaining oil to the reserved marinade, season to taste and stir to combine. Brush the cut side of the zucchini liberally with the mixture.
- Cook lamb on the BBQ or chargrill, turning and basting with marinade, for 5-6 minutes or until cooked to your preferred liking. Cover loosely with foil on a warm plate for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place zucchini cut side down on BBQ or Chargrill, turning until cooked. About 3 minutes or whilst the chops are resting.
- Divide zucchini and serve with chops and natural yogurt. A salad of baby rocket, tomato and cucumber compliments the dish well. I also serve with lemon wedges.