Boneless Cap On 600g Lamb Rump Roast
Lamb round or topside mini roasts are a great option for a midweek roast.
They’re quick to cook and very flavoursome.
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Brush the roast lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting dish. Roast for 15 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium, or 30 minutes for well done. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely, rest lamb for 10 minutes before serving.
- Suggested roasting times per 500g for: Eye of shortloin/backstrap, lamb round or topside mini roast, lamb rump.
- Cook at 220ºC. Rare 15-20 min per 500g Medium 20-25 min per 500g Well done 25-30 min per 500g.
- The internal temperature for: Rare – 55-60ºC, Medium rare – 60-65ºC, Medium – 65-70ºC, Medium well – 70-75ºC, Well done – 75ºC.