Enjoy this winter dish one pot casserole. Its a mild take on my families favourite "Chilli Con Carne" that we serve with crunchy plain corn chips.
Simply add a teaspoon of fresh chilli to spice it up!
Preparation Time: 20 mins Cook time: 2 hours
- 1kg Diced Chuck Steak
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 diced red capsicum
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander including clean stems
- 1.5 cups Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoons of fragrant Aussie Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 400g soaked red kidney beans (drain well if using tin)
- Corn chips, Soft Tortilla's or Steamed Rice To Serve
- Sour cream to serve
- Fresh chilli to flavour if desired
- Preheat oven to 170°,
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil your stove top/oven proof pan over a medium heat, add chuck steak in batches to brown, remove and set aside,
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan and gently fry onion, capsicum and carrot,
- Place meat back in pan with vegetables and add garlic and paprika, bay leaves and coriander stems, stir well over heat,
- Add stock, bring to the boil,
- Cover and place in oven till meat is tender approximately 2 hours,
- Add black beans and most of coriander leaves pop back in the oven for 30 minutes,
- Season to taste and serve with a sprinkle of fresh coriander leaves.
My lot love to cover their casserole with lashing of fresh coriander and sour cream, then use corn chips as a spoon!
This recipe is suitable to freeze and left overs make a great Nacho base.