You've seen the advertisements, you've considered the healthy facts but have you tasted how delish Pork Steak is cooked to perfection?
Using the 6-2-2 method, in just 10 minutes you can prepare a wonderful tender, healthy meal for family and friends.
Season & rub a little Olive Oil on your pork steak and follow the simple 6-2-2 cooking method for the perfect pork steak!
- Into a hot pan sear pork steak on one side for 6 minutes
- Turn pork steak once and sear for another 2 minutes
- On a warm plate, without turning rest pork steak for 2 minutes
Top 5 Porky Facts
- Lean trimmed pork is a source of protein, thiamin, niacin, B6, B12, selenium, riboflavin, size & omega-3.
- There are plenty of cuts that are lean and trimmed and that we can also trim if required;
- Trimmed lean pork can easily be substituted for other meats and poultry in your recipes to make them tastier and healthier
- The leanest pork cuts come from the loin, fillet and the leg, trimmed of external fat.
- It is a myth that lean pork is dry and tough. There's no need to over cook especially if you refer the the 6-2-2 information video above. This cooking method can be applied to any 2cm thick boneless pork steak, including scotch, loin, leg & trimmed pork cutlets that are 2cm thick. This method will cook the chop to white which is the best way to eat pork unless your on MKR where everything is under cooked!
Now you know the secret to the perfect pork steak try my feature recipe: Pork Steak with Lentil & Pumpkin Salad
4 X pork sirloin steaks 2cm thick approximately 1kg
1 cup of cooked and strained french lentils
180g pumpkin peeled & thinly sliced and baked in the oven 10 minutes
1 red onion thinly sliced
1/2 cup of chopped continental parsley washed and sliced
1 cup rocket
120g Meredith Goat Feta
1 lemon zested & juiced
2 Tbsp malt vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp chopped mint leaves
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- Pre-heat your pan or BBQ just like you would do for any other steak
- Brush the pork steaks with a little oil and season
- Place pork steaks in pan or on BBQ char-grill and use the 6-2-2 method
- Whilst steaks are resting prepare the salad by placing all the ingredients into a large bowl and gently tossing to combine.
- To prepare the dressing put all ingredients except the sunflower seeds into a jar and shake well to combine, then pour over salad tossing well.
- Serve the pork steak with tossed salad and garnish with sunflower seeds.
* Source ~ Australian Pork Top 5 Facts 2006