When the weather heats up its time to heat up the chargrill too!
Try my super fresh, simple recipe which shines when using amazing fresh local produce.
Just for the record its my husband's favourite light Spring meal, as he is a Mint Jelly Freak.
I love making my own Mint Jelly using apples and ginger for a flavour kick. However, a good jar of Mint Jelly will do the trick for this simple delicious family dish. Check out The Country Pantry for locally made condiments that compliment your MWM fresh produce selection.
This recipe also works well using your grill and substituting lamb cutlets for lamb loin chops.
|Cuisine Type||Australian Country Cooking|
For 4 Person(s)
|1 kilo(s) Lamb Cutlets|
|0.5 cup(s) Mint Jelly|
|1 tablespoon(s) Honey|
|2 tablespoon(s) Soy Sauce|
|1 tablespoon(s) Garlic Clove chopped finely (optional)|
|1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Rosemary Chopped finely|
|2 tablespoon(s) Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 Hand full of Fresh Mint|
|4 Fresh tomato's wedged|
|1 tablespoon(s) Fresh Lemon Juice|
Minty Chargrilled Lamb Cutlets Directions
- Season your MWM lamb cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Warm the Mint Jelly and Honey in a small pan or microwave for 30 seconds or softened. Remove from heat.
- Add fresh rosemary, garlic and soy sauce and whisk till your marinade is well combined.
- Brush marinade on your chops. This can be done up to half an hour before cooking to get a great fusion of flavours.
- Pre heat your chargrill pan or BBQ plate.
- Brush the cutlets with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil on both sides prior to placing on the chargrill.
- Place the cutlets on the hot chargrill and sizzle until you see moisture appear on the top of the chop.
- Turn only once and cook for another minute.
- Take cutlets of the heat and place on a warmed plate and cover with foil. Rest for 2-5 minutes.
- Serve with chopped fresh mint, tomato wedges and cucumber with a little lemon juice for dressing.
diet gluten free lactose free