A tasty wholesome dish perfect for a chilly winters night. This dish is perfect for a dinner party or a simple family meal.
I like to open a lovely bottle of shiraz and share it with this one pot wonder.
Make Beef Cheeks a feature on your winters menu and you'll be dining 5 star at home!
|Cuisine Type||Australian Country Cooking|
For 4 Person(s)
|500 g Beef Cheeks|
|1 tbsp Aussie Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1 white onion diced|
|2 sticks celery diced|
|2 carrots diced|
|2 cloves garlic diced|
|1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped|
|1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves|
|1 cup red wine|
|1 cup beef stock|
Braised Beef Cheeks Directions
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Place a casserole over a moderately high heat and cook the beef cheeks in the oil for 3 minutes on each side or until nicely coloured. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic to the pan and cook for a minute or until lightly coloured.
- Add the beef cheeks along with the herbs, wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and place in the oven for 2-2 ½ hours or until the cheeks are very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with cauliflower puree or mash potato and serve with greens.