Slow-cooking beef allows time for the beef to absorb your favourite flavours. You can add the finished product to sandwiches, taco's, nachos or even serve with mash potato and vegetables.
Whilst good Aussie Paddock raised beef has become more expensive due to a large percentage of Australia being in drought, this receipt uses a cheaper beef cut. My slow-cooked beef has a multitude of delicious serving applications allowing it to go further. It's an economical choice for the budget savvy
Iron-rich and flavour-packed, it's a delicious way to feed the family.
|Cuisine Type||Australian Country Cooking|
For 6 Person(s)
|1.5 kg Beef Bolar Roasting Piece|
|3 cloves garlic crushed|
|680 g Tomato Passata or puree|
|250 ml Beef Stock|
|80 ml Olive Oil|
|3 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1 tbsp Smoked Paprika|
|3 tsp Sweet Paprika|
|3 tsp Ground Cumin|
|1 tsp Ground White or Black Pepper|
|1 tsp Salt (or season to taste)|
|1 Bay Leaf|
|1 tsp Mustard Powder (optional)|
Beef Slow Cooked Directions
- Place garlic, tomato puree, stock, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and spices into the slow cooker (or deep roasting tray) and combine well.
- Place beef into the marinade and cook in the slow cooker on low for 6 hours (or cove roasting tray and cook in a slow equivalent oven) or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily. Add a pinch of good quality salt to your liking.
- In the final 60 minutes of cooking time, slice the sweet potato into 1/2cm thick rounds and brush both sides with olive oil. Place onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes each side or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare coleslaw by combining all ingredients well. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once meat is tender remove from heat and use two forks to shred meat and stir through the remaining sauce.
- Assemble sliders by layering a slice of sweet potato with coleslaw, shredded meat and top with another sweet potato slice to create a burger (use short skewers to hold together if needed).
This recipe can be cooked in your slow cooker or the oven