|Cuisine Type||Australian Country Cooking|
For 4 Person(s)
|1 KG MWM GOURMET WORCESTERSHIRE & CRACKED PEPPER SNAGS|
|0.5 Tbsp EVOO|
|1 small red onion thinly sliced|
|1 small red capsicum diced|
|0.5 tsp ground cumin|
|1 large Green Apple peeled, cored & diced|
|1.5 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar|
|400 g Cherry tomatoes (tin good)|
|2 Tbsp currant|
|2 Tbsp Parsley chopped|
Gourmet Bangers & Mash Directions
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum and fry for another minute until softened.
- Add cumin, apple, vinegar and sugar. Stir and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, bring to the boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir through currants. Season. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook for 10-12 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes on a plate lightly covered with foil.
- Serve sausages with relish, mash, broccolini and parsley.
- Thick plain beef sausages would also be great in this recipe.
- Swap apple for pear or peach in the relish. Add fresh or dried chilli for some heat.
- Any leftover sausages and relish are great the next day in a wrap or a roll with coleslaw.
- Serving size is 2 sausages per person. To serve 2 people you will need 4 sausages and you can either halve the ingredients for the chutney or make the full amount and keep the remaining chutney in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- If using an AGA like me, the sausages can be backed on the rack in the small baking pan on the first shelf, roasting oven.